Twitter provides the perfect way to give your clients, colleagues, and potential customers up-to-the-minute updates about you and your business. The use of a customized graphic can you make your profile stand out from the competition and reinforce the visual design of your online branding.
In this video, you’ll learn how to:
- create custom backgrounds
- upload backgrounds to Twitter
- customize the color palette to match your new designs
Make sure to check out the helpful info about screen resolution and templates at the end of this post.
Quick tips on screen resolution for Twitter:
- Most users are viewing your profile at 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 resolutions.
- Some people are still using a smaller 960 x 640 resolution.
- Large monitors are becoming more popular, with resolutions of 1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1200.
- We’ve created a 2000 x 1200 template that shows all these sizes. You can download it for free here.
Other Twitter dimensions to keep in mind:
- Only 20 pixels of your background are visible above the Twitter feed.
- The left side of the profile (where the feed appears) is 540 pixels wide.
- The right side of the profile (where the contacts and stats appear) is 500 pixels wide.
- Twitter will automatically center the content on your screen, regardless of what resolution you use to view the page.